PLEASE NOTE: THIS TRAINING IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
This course is aimed at those who give advice or support to benefit claimants. It looks at significant characteristics of Universal Credit and the implications for clients. The course is suitable for those with a working understanding of welfare benefits and basic understanding of Universal Credit. It does not provide a comprehensive overview, but focuses on key differences and problem areas.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the migration from legacy benefits to Universal Credit
- Recognise some key differences between Universal Credit and legacy benefits
- Explain how Universal Credit interacts with other benefits
- Identify problem areas and consider remedies
The course will cover:
- Transition from gateway to full-service and what may trigger a claim
- Issues relating to Claims and payments
- Work-related conditionality
- Housing costs
- Other problem areas
- Universal Credit and other benefits
To book on the training email:
Please include the title of the training in your email subject line, and in the email indicate the date you would like to attend, and your job role.