This one day course is for people who have moved into a management or leadership role for the first time, or for people who are about to make the move.
Making the transition from the led to the leader can be tough, but having some foundation knowledge, skills and techniques can make it easier.
This session will:
- Explore the challenges presented in the move from the led to the leader;
- Identify the differences between managing and leading;
- Consider what skills and qualities make a leader and what make a good manager;
- Explore different management and leadership styles and models; and
- Identify the skills needed for leading a team or organisation forward.
Trainer – Sandy Leong, for the Directory of Social Change (DSC)
Please include the title of the training in your email subject line, and in the email indicate the date you would like to attend (if there are more than one session dates available), and your job role.
You can pencil in the training into your calendar, but please note we will be emailing people to confirm booking – if you don’t receive the confirmation email, then unfortunately you haven’t been booked on the training this time.
Note: All times and locations will be confirmed by email.