Advice Skills Academy
for its Learning at Work Week 2018 Activities
Advice Skills Academy has been awarded 'Highly Commended' for its Learning at Work Week activities which took place during 14 to 20 May 2018.
Learning at Work Week is a national festival that offers an opportunity to promote a love of learning for life through activities that engage and excite and show colleagues how learning enriches their work and home lives.
Under the theme 'Networked for Learning', Advice Skills Academy was recognised as having a great impact through the learning activities that took place across the ASA partner organisations generally, and particularly in those that organised a range of activities - Citizens Advice Halton, Citizens Advice St Helens, Citizens Advice Sefton, and The Women’s Organisation.
The Learning at Work Week activities in May were the first time ASA had taken part in Learning at Work Week, and winning a ‘Highly Commended’ award is a fantastic achievement, and our thanks go to all the people who planned, prepared, co-ordinated, and took part in all of the learning activities that were on offer.
Activities on offer during Learning at Work Week 2018 included:
- GDPR training sessions – made interactive using Mentimeter
- Quizzes for individuals on mental health awareness, stress, emotional intelligence, and healthy eating
- Wordsearches and crosswords on mental health and wellbeing, welfare benefits, and advice
- Group quizzes on employment law, signposting to agencies, and Admin general knowledge
- Bring your hobby to work day – presentations, and chances to try creative activities such as painting, origami and felt animal making
- Business Model Canvas workshops
- Online information and learning on National Numeracy Day, Priority Debt, ACAS early conciliation, assertiveness, and Google Digital Garage
- Staff shadowing to better understand other team member’s roles
Feedback from the Learning at Work Week activities was:
- 92% of people taking part felt more positive about learning
- People enjoyed the interactive and fun activities that were on offer - “Loved the interactive quiz. What a fun way to learn”
- 57% of people taking part thought that time to network with colleagues was really useful
- 38% of people taking part thought that making connections and sharing knowledge and skills with colleagues was useful